Orthopedic Diagnosis and Treatment
At the OSMI in Fort Worth we will partner with you to find an orthopedic diagnosis, treatment and physical therapy rehabilitation program for your injuries.
Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Orthopedics
- Shoulder Separation (AC Separation)
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator Cuff Disorder)
- Shoulder Tendonitis
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Exercies and Conditioning
- Types and causes of Knee Injuries and Problems
- Knee Anatomy
- Knee Pain and Injury Symptoms and signs
- When to Call your Doctor
- Treatment for Common Knee Injuries and Problems
- Ice or Heat for An Injury?
- Meniscus Tear
- Preventing Knee Injuries
- Knee Replacement
- Elbow Injuries and Disorders
- Pitcher’s Elbow (Medial Epicondyle Apophysitis)
- Tommy John Elbow Injury Surgery (UCL Reconstruction)
- Hand and Wrist Injuries and Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Therapy: When is Hand Therapy Necessary?
Physical therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of ailments. Orthopedic conditions treated by the orthopedic specialists and staff at The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute of Fort Worth include the following:
Questions To Ask Your Doctor
You are the most important member of your healthcare team—and ultimately, you’re in charge. Your doctor may recommend a specific treatment plan, but the final decision is up to you. It’s important that you ask the right questions when choosing treatment.
There are many factors to consider in choosing treatment, including your age, activity level, and general health. By asking informed, thoughtful questions, you and your doctor can choose the best treatment for your injury and your lifestyle.
1. What treatment or procedure do you recommend and why? Are there any alternatives?
2. What are the benefits of this treatment plan in terms of pain relief and mobility? How long will those benefits last? Will this procedure solve the problem?
3. What are the risks and complications associated with this procedure?
4. How many times have you performed this procedure in the past year?
5. What is your complication rate?
6. What is your success rate?
7. How is the procedure performed? Can you walk me through what to expect?
8. What type of anesthesia will be used and what are the associated risks?
9. What type of implant or device will be used and what are the outcomes associated with this device? How long will it last?
10. Will I have pain following the procedure and if so, how will this be controlled?
11. How long is the recovery period? Will I need assistance at home and if so, for how long?
12. What is the follow-up care for this procedure? Will I need physical therapy?
13. When can I return to normal activity?
14. Who is on the medical team that will guide me through the process?
15. Do you have any written materials about this procedure that I can review?
16. What will happen if I don’t have this procedure now?
Our goal at OSMI is to provide our patients quality, cutting-edge orthopedic treatments, both surgical and non-surgical. If you have questions and would like to schedule an appointment, please submit an online appointment request or contact our office at 817-529-1900.