Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopedics Today Walk-In Clinic
2901 Acme Brick Plaza, Suite 200
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Walk-In Clinic Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
1:00 PM – 4:00 pm
WALK IN, CALL NOW 817-423-2329, or complete an ONLINE APPOINTMENT REQUEST
Michael Sangenito, MPAS, PA-C – Biography
My name is Mike Sangenito and I am an orthopedic surgical Physician Assistant with experience in orthopedic trauma, sports medicine, and joint replacement. I graduated from the University of Arkansas, magna cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science. Shortly after completing my undergraduate studies, I entered the Physician Assistant program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and graduated with honors, earning a Master of Physician Assistant Studies in 2020.
Following graduation, I accepted a position with a busy orthopedic practice in Houston and gained invaluable experience working with orthopedic trauma, and sports medicine patients. During this time I developed a deep interest in patients who are dealing with acute injuries and developing a patient-centered treatment plan best suited for them.
2020 was a wonderful year for me because my wife, Hannah, and I were married, and I was blessed with a position that provided me with a great experience. And now we are very grateful to be moving back to the Fort Worth area, where I was raised. In our free time, we enjoy staying active, lifting weights, hanging out with family and friends, and watching the Dallas Cowboys and the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Michael Sangenito, MPAS, PA-C – Curriculum Vitae
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Little Rock, AR, May 2018 – August 2020
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Capstone: Scoping Review of Treatments in Relapsing Ewing Sarcoma – An exploration of first-line treatment options in relapsing Ewing sarcoma in pediatric and adult population.
University of Arkansas- Fayetteville, AR – August 2014-December 2017
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology
Physician Assistant – The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre – November 2020 – Present
The Woodlands, Texas
- Practice evidence-based medicine in a busy Orthopedic clinic, and provide diagnosis and treatment plans for a wide population of patients ranging from subacute to emergent problems.
- Perform physical exams, obtain detailed patient histories, implement treatment plans, prescribe and manage medications, and see a wide variety of orthopedic patients.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests including laboratory tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, EMGs, CT scans, and MRI scans to provide information on patient condition.
- Complete appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care, and services rendered in electronic medical record.
- First assist in multiple forms of orthopedic surgeries like: pelvis fractures, upper and lower extremity closed and open fractures, knee arthroscopy, shoulder arthroscopy, hip arthroscopy, total hip arthroplasty with posterior and anterior approach, Mako total knee arthroplasty, and occasional manual knee arthroplasty.
- Take multiple days of call a month being first contact for ER trauma call in busy level two hospital and stand alone ERs.
- Consult on hospital inpatients and facilitate orthopedic management, and round on patients on a daily basis.
- Perform pre and post-operative patient care in the clinic and hospital setting.
- Proficient in various forms of injections including: greater trochanteric, intraarticular knee injections, de quervians, trigger finger, CMC joint injections, lateral epicondyle, medial epicondyle, elbow joint, trigger point, subacromial, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, along with knee and olecranon bursa aspirations.
- Competent in multiple forms of postoperative splints, postoperative wound site care, and surgical draping.
- Performs numerous intraoperative fracture reductions, K wire stabilizations, drilling and screw placements, retracting, sub q closures, interpreting intraoperative x-rays, measuring for screw placement, and some experience in reduction of hip dislocations in the ER.
- Maintains consistent communication with attending surgeon and other healthcare colleagues to provide optimal patient care.
- Experienced and comfortable with seeing a high number of patients in the clinic.
Licenses, Certifications, & Professional Memberships
- NCCPA PA Certification September 2020-present
- Texas state license- 2020-present
- AHA Basic Life Support, May 2019 – present
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support, April 2019 – present
- American Academy of Physicians Assistants (AAPA), April 2019 – present
- Medication-Assisted Treatment Certification, (April 2020)
12th Street Health and Wellness Center – July 2018 – March 2019
- Obtained history and performed physical exams on new and returning patients, created and documented treatment plans, performed and ordered diagnostic tests.
Cooperative Emergency Outreach – September 2016 – September 2017
- Interviewed clients to determine eligibility for financial aid, distributed food to clients in need, restocked food pantry.
Hospice Volunteer at Willard Walker Hospice Home – September 2016 – May 2017
- Served grieving families through hospitality and listening, completed paperwork and mailings.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Clinical training in the following Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems:
- Intergy, Epic, Allscripts criptsand Cerner software